Question

Feature Request: Sync volume to selected, when grouping speakers

• 11 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Anyone else thinking that; Sync volume to selected speaker/room, when grouping speakers, could be awesome?

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @graphiclunch.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us, We appreciate it.

Thank you for sharing your idea. I would be morethan happy to send this to our engineering team to take a look into. Just to set your expectation since you will not be contacted directly by our engineering team for updates on your feature request, I would suggest subscribing to this thread and our announcement topic to be up-to-date when it comes to new feature release and product updates.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions, additional feature request or concerns. We are always happy to help out.

Thanks,

Hi Paul,

Thanks for getting back to me. Please forward it to your team, then I’ll keep my fingers crossed. I really do think that a “sync volume” button would be a great addition to you system.

Have a great summer.

I’m not quite sure what functionality you’re asking for here.  By ‘sync volume’ do you want them to all be at the same level?  If so, what should the volume be set to?   If your mostly wanting the speakers to be at the same level, you could achieve this fairly easily in the app.  Using the master volume slider, set the volume to 0, that will get everything up.  Then the master volume will have all speakers at the same level as you move it up and down.

I’m not quite sure what functionality you’re asking for here.  By ‘sync volume’ do you want them to all be at the same level?  If so, what should the volume be set to?   If your mostly wanting the speakers to be at the same level, you could achieve this fairly easily in the app.  Using the master volume slider, set the volume to 0, that will get everything up.  Then the master volume will have all speakers at the same level as you move it up and down.

I have speakers all over my house and listen to different music at different volumes. So if I decide to group all speakers, they suddenly play at different volumes. Some too loud. And that is why I would like to have the option to “sync volumes” instead of turning the volume all the way down first on the master volume. Does that make sense?