Feature Request: Spotify Devices Available

• 21 July 2016
  • 8 replies

I'm an avid Spotify user. I'd love it if Sonos devices would appear under Spotify->Devices Available

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

How would one joine the beta?

Here's a link to the general beta instructions page:

http://www.sonos.com/en-us/beta/screen

There's also a web based link here:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/beta

More details on joining will be listed when the public beta is announced.

Note: Due to Apple rules against widespread public beta releases, Sonos public betas are almost always Android/PC/Mac based. No iOS. If you participate in the public beta, your iOS devices will be in limited compatibility mode; you will not see the new functions, and you will lose many Settings menu items like adding a service, changing a room name, Trueplay, etc.
How would one joine the beta?
I read on a Dutch website that Sonos is implementing this in October, so hopefully we are 2 weeks out of having this. I saw Spotify Connect in action at a friend with a Heos system, and i must say i liked that alot. I specifically like to be able to play my daily mix suggestions on my sonos. Currenty i cant seem to get this running easly

Actually, the public beta was announced for this month. If you are not participating in the public beta, you will have to wait a little longer:

"We're excited to partner with Sonos and enhance the at-home listening experience," said Gustav Söderström, chief product officer at Spotify. "Spotify listeners can now seamlessly transition their listening throughout the day from their headphones, to the car, to their computers, to their Sonos system at home with complete control of all their favorite Spotify features directly from the Spotify app."

This free software update will be available in October as part of the Sonos public beta program.

http://press-us.sonos.com/134980-sonos-with-partners-and-industry-leaders-ushers-in-new-era-of-connected-home-listening
I read on a Dutch website that Sonos is implementing this in October, so hopefully we are 2 weeks out of having this. I saw Spotify Connect in action at a friend with a Heos system, and i must say i liked that alot. I specifically like to be able to play my daily mix suggestions on my sonos. Currenty i cant seem to get this running easly
Aha, the wonderful and ubiquitous auto-correct. The bane of modern man.

Yea, I'm also waiting on the TuneIn premium sign in support. Fortunately, I've chosen not to hold my breath, and am using a work around. But I'd agree, it'd be nice. Rumour has it that Tunein has done their part, and we're just waiting on Sonos, but they do have a lot of things on their plate at the moment.

But I'm happy to know that there isn't a Tofu Premium, being an avowed carnivore as I am.
Badge +20
Sorry, I'm not a Spotify user, but what does "tofu premium" mean?

"tofu premium" is autocorrect for "Spotify Premium"

A Spotify premium subscription is required to enable Spotify Connect, something that is coming to Sonos soon.
Sorry, I'm not a Spotify user, but what does "tofu premium" mean?
It is I think but it has to be so tofu premium