Question

Feature Request: Sonos Scenes

Badge
Hi All,

I saw in the forums a few people taking about how useful it would be to be able to set up scenes in the App for various scenarios. E.G. All speakers all rooms at a certain volume for a party,then maybe another with only two room one volume quieter than the other etc etc.

I think this is an amazing idea and would totally fit the way I use my sonos stuff. I emailed support to ask if this was being considered or if it it just wasnt possible at all. They suggested posting a topic in here as apparently the Devs monitor the forums for this kind of stuff.

So maybe we could use this thread to make them aware that we'd like this feature added (assuming you would of course). So if you do please reply to this topic and maybe vote as well? Hopefully it will get noticed?

Patrick

Would you like to see a "Sonos Scenes" feature?

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
It's not really a new concept, and I wouldn't hold my breath. See this 10 year old thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/macro-presets-4528

With that said, there are a few 3rd party alternatives that does what you ask. For android, you have macronos. For home integration purposes, I built a node.js based HTTP API which also has preset functionality, however this is a lot more DIY approach, but useful if you want to have centralized presets.
Badge
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it might not be a new concept but what I am suggesting is if enough people post here in one thread (instead of some of the multiple ones I have seen) we might through power of the people see something happen 🙂 We might not as well but Im willing to try.

And as for the DIY stuff you've mentioned, that cool for techies. But what about people who don't want to mess around with all that and just want to be able to do it from their iPhone and such like?
Badge
I also love the fact that someones voted no! hahaha..

NO! I would not like a new feature!! hahaha.. ah well... whatever
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Well, I hear you, I just wanted to inform you that this has been discussed over and over again so it's a high probability that this becomes "yet another post".

And Macronos is probably fairly straight forward for non tech guys. I tried finding an equivalent for IOS but to no avail. This is a fairly trivial feature to get going, and perhaps the author of SonoPad / SonoPhone might be interested in undertaking this task.
Badge
Thanks mate... and I do appreciate it. I just always find it a shame when its left to 3rd parties etc to sort :)

Patrick
I also love the fact that someones voted no! hahaha..

NO! I would not like a new feature!! hahaha.. ah well... whatever

A) If you didn't expect 'No' votes, why make a poll? ;)

😎 People vote 'No' because they have no use for a feature, and would rather Sonos work on something they have a use for. It's not a vote against your idea, it's a vote for theirs (whatever that may be).
Badge
Yeah fair point... but are they working on anyones idea??? hahaha
Badge
In fact, Ive seen this with other products.

Why not list up the request features / changes and allow them to vote on the ideas themselves.

That way Sonos could see which features were more in demand than others? Then people wouldn't have to come and vote no on someones else's idea. A NO vote here doesn't tell them what the guy would really like them to be working on does it? 🙂

Why not list up the request features / changes and allow them to vote on the ideas themselves.

That way Sonos could see which features were more in demand than others? Then people wouldn't have to come and vote no on someones else's idea. A NO vote here doesn't tell them what the guy would really like them to be working on does it? :)

Sonos used to have a forum (ask.sonos) that easily allowed sorting, labeling, status updating and voting for individual ideas. When they streamlined the two separate forums, a lot of that functionality was lost.

That way Sonos could see which features were more in demand than others? Then people wouldn't have to come and vote no on someones else's idea. A NO vote here doesn't tell them what the guy would really like them to be working on does it? :)

They used to do that on the old ask.sonos site, presumably it wasn't that useful, just seemed to act as an abuse magnet for anyone that didn't get their idea accepted.
They used to do that on the old ask.sonos site, presumably it wasn't that useful, just seemed to act as an abuse magnet for anyone that didn't get their idea accepted.

This is true. Though it was quite helpful when the abuse inevitably turned to "Sonos never listens" and you could point to all the threads marked 'Planned' and "Implemented". Didn't shut them up, but at least it made them look foolish. 😉