Feature Request Sonos S2 Widget for iOS15

• 28 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi, I would like to request a widget option to be added to the Sonos App, I think there was a thread created about 6 months ago asking on for ios 14 but nothing materialised and the thread got closed.

I think it would be a great addition to the sonos app to be able to see whats playing, sound format etc without having to go into the app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you enable Lock Screen Controls in the Sonos app, you can see that info on your Lock Screen. Although it doesn’t display the audio format when playing Dolby Atmos audio (feature request, please!) but it will display the other audio formats.

But a Sonos widget would be a nice feature.

In a separate thread and after 1000’s of requests for an iOS Sonos widget both here and in forums around the world, and also @Simon B saying for nearly two years that ‘engineering are working on it’ we still don’t have this feature, so I wouldn’t hold your breath. Same with the Apple Watch app.

I doubt we’ll see it, so do a bit of googling and you will find an alternative.