feature request - natural sorting for music library

• 10 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge

I’d like to +1 the feature request that the app support “natural sort ordering” for the Music Library.

A natural sort order would allow numbers in track titles, playlist names etc. to be organized the same way (numerically) whether or not the number is written as 1 or 01 (or 001..).

The average user would have no reason to expect that the number 11 will come before the number 2 when organizing their songs and playlists, unless they edit 2 to be 02. 

So the strictly alphabetical sorting that the app does now only works for the users who already use it with their own music collection with 100% consistency, while causing issues for all other users. Natural sorting however, works for everyone (or is benign to some at worst).

The integration with streaming apps is great, but I have been blown away by how quickly and easily S2 indexed my music collections including several hundred old iTunes playlists. I’ve rediscovered music in my library because of it! So I will be using the Sonos Music Library all the time. Would love to see this issue fixed.

thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ayoriver 

Thanks for your feedback - I’ll pass this on to the correct team for consideration.