Feature Request: Multiple Scenario Group Volume Presets

I have nine Sonos speakers in my home and I would dearly love to be able to create the equivalent of Philips Hues lighting “scenes” as presets for different listening situations. Saturday morning crank it up? Hit one preset and all the speakers move to pre-assigned volume levels per speaker for that situation. Sunday afternoon background jazz while I’m reading? Hit another group pre-set. TV watching? Another. And so on. I can’t tell you what a difference this would make. I’m constantly re-setting volume levels all over the place depending on needs and variances in input normalizations. Thanks for considering this.

Anonymous 5 months ago

@armatoj Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. As we cannot discuss the road map of any Sonos products or features for upcoming releases we can add your voice for this idea to the others who have made this request to our engineering team. Please know that it is feedback from users like yourself that can help us with improving the end user experience with Sonos.

View original

2 replies

Sonos Team. 

Maybe as a simple implementation, allow a group to have pre-set volume. For example, one could select an option to have the current volume settings become the default when a group is added. I find myself constantly re-balancing the volume at the time of group selection.  This could also allow different groups for the same speakers with the volume setting the previous user was requesting.

Thanks.

@armatoj Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. As we cannot discuss the road map of any Sonos products or features for upcoming releases we can add your voice for this idea to the others who have made this request to our engineering team. Please know that it is feedback from users like yourself that can help us with improving the end user experience with Sonos.