Feature Request: MACRO: Define specific Speaker volumes, balances, advanced sub, and input settings for different configurations

• 2 July 2017
  • 7 replies

Anybody else want this?

We use our system for multiple inputs. Currently we have 6 speaker systems and want to be able to define MACROS that set the input, which speaker and the SPECIFICS for those speakers. Initial volumes, balance, EQ including the Sub when attached. This will take the system to a whole new level. I have a ton of ideas on this and I really encourage you to do this. We are building a new house and if this feature isn't added, we may need to go to a much more expensive solution to get the functionality we need.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Check out the third-party apps 'Macronos' (for Android) resp. 'SonoSequencr' (for iOS).
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Thanks for the tip about Macronos. It's great. Until now I've been using SonoSequencr, but Macronos is far simpler and offers some (IMHO) better options. Looks like my Android tablet will now be the Sonos controller of choice.
[...] but Macronos is far simpler and offers some (IMHO) better options.
I agree. Macronos has the more intuitive UI/UX; in my book anyway.
I came here to say this. I work from home most of the time and each morning when I sit down at my desk I fire up my Spotify "Instrumental Music to Work To" playlist and select three CONNECT:AMPs, a Sonos One, and a Play:1 at specific (very low) volumes. I also typically change the configuration, volumes, etc., during the afternoon to listen to other things so the next morning the configuration will need to be manually reset to the work settings. It sure would be nice if each morning I could just click or tap a "Get to Work" macro that groups the speakers, sets volumes, and kicks off my playlist.
You may want to look into IFTTT, but I don't think that will you allow you to group speakers, as far as I can tell. I haven't really played with it much though.

Personally, I use a Lutron hub to turn on lights and music in several rooms, like what you're looking for, at a set time every morning. It can also be done by voice command or the push of a button on my phone.
I use Wink and a robot in that platform will almost do what I want. Where it falls short is in setting volume: Wink only allows for a single volume setting (say, 20%) to be applied to all the speakers the robot is manipulating. In my case, I want my CONNECT:AMPs to be set at 25% and the Sonos One and Play:1 to be set at, say, 15%. I have an IFTTT account but haven't even added the app back to my iPhone since my last phone refresh. I suspect if I did, some piece of the puzzle would be missing from there too. My hunch is the only way for this to work elegantly is if it's done all first-party.
I just downloaded IFTTT and played with it a little. The same limitation exists. Maybe the Sonos API doesn't allow for the manipulation of groups since neither Wink nor IFTTT can do it. Interestingly, the Wink app does allow for a schedule to be created that appears to do what I want, but it's a schedule and there's no way to trigger the scheduled actions on demand. Also, it flat doesn't work. I just ran three different tests that involved setting the schedule to trigger 5 minutes out and then waiting 5 minutes. No go. D'oh!