Feature Request: Independent on/off controls for TV and Music

I’d like to request the ability in the app to turn off the surrounds completely when listening to music. Currently the lowest you go can is Ambient/zero, which still allows some sound to be audible from the surrounds.

I’m sure there are users out there who would enjoy the reverse as well, where you can keep the surrounds on for music, but mute completely for TV/Movies.

My setup includes an Amp, 2nd gen sub, and Ikea Symfonisks for the rears.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

See attached…

See attached…

Thanks Ken but I’m looking for independent on/off controls - a toggle for TV and another for Music. The current toggle affects both.

My personal issue is with the location of my desk, which is right next to one of the surrounds. I’d prefer to leave the surrounds off when listening to music (while I’m working), but leave them on for TV/Movies without the need to toggle back and forth.

See attached…

Thanks Ken but I’m looking for independent on/off controls - a toggle for TV and another for Music. The current toggle affects both.

My personal issue is with the location of my desk, which is right next to one of the surrounds. I’d prefer to leave the surrounds off when listening to music (while I’m working), but leave them on for TV/Movies without the need to toggle back and forth.

Ah I see.👍… I know some here also occasionally ask for the option to ‘mute’ the front and center channels, for music playback just from the rear-surrounds only. In my own case, I prefer the soundstage out in front.