Answered

Feature Request for Sonos Playlist Management

• 2 December 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Please add the following Sonos Playlist management/edit functionality to the Sonos Controller application:
#1 back up Sonos Playlists
#2 export a Sonos playlist to a file (e.g. xml, csv) in a format that can then be imported back into the Sonos Controller application - i.e. allow offline mass editing of a playlist.
#3 import a playlist from a music service (e.g. Spotify, Apply Music, Deezer, Amazon Music) and create it as a Sonos Playlist
#4 repoint a Sonos playlist to a new music service (e.g. if you change your music subscription from Spotify to Apple Music or vice versa).
#5 should be ability create Sonos playlists in an offline editor - i.e. expose the Sonos playlist format/syntax to the public so we can create large playlists quickly (extension of function #2).
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 12 December 2018, 00:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please add the following Sonos Playlist management/edit functionality to the Sonos Controller application:
#1 back up Sonos Playlists
#2 export a Sonos playlist to a file (e.g. xml, csv) in a format that can then be imported back into the Sonos Controller application - i.e. allow offline mass editing of a playlist.
#3 import a playlist from a music service (e.g. Spotify, Apply Music, Deezer, Amazon Music) and create it as a Sonos Playlist
#4 repoint a Sonos playlist to a new music service (e.g. if you change your music subscription from Spotify to Apple Music or vice versa).
#5 should be ability create Sonos playlists in an offline editor - i.e. expose the Sonos playlist format/syntax to the public so we can create large playlists quickly (extension of function #2).

Hi umbhaki,

Thanks for the suggestions, we're always looking for ways to improve the Sonos app. I'll pass these suggestions along to our development team as feature requests.
Another vote for this. I tried to find a way to merge two playlists into one today, and was unable to do so.
Playlist management and IFTT support would add a bit of stickiness to the product family. I would like to know as an investor and customer whether Sonos management recognizes this or not. Business is better when companies figure out how to make it easier for customers to give you their hard earned money for products and services they want.

oh, and good hardware with crappy software makes it hard for me to give you more of my money and remain a happy investor.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Another vote for this. I tried to find a way to merge two playlists into one today, and was unable to do so.

To merge two playlists:
  1. Clear queue
  2. Load playlist 1
  3. Add playlist 2 to queue
  4. Save as new playlist
If you want to edit XML files instead, search for a post of mine from two or so months ago which shows how to use the UPnP APIs directly.

Another vote for this. I tried to find a way to merge two playlists into one today, and was unable to do so.To merge two playlists:
  1. Clear queue
  2. Load playlist 1
  3. Add playlist 2 to queue
  4. Save as new playlist

That works — thanks!!

Please increase memory for playlists within Sonos apps

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Please increase memory for playlists within Sonos apps

The Sonos time machine is currently broken, so they can’t go back a decade and add more memory to the early devices.