Feature Request: Easier EQ and Balance access

• 9 March 2021
  • 9 replies

Badge +4

As many posters have note, EQ and Balance are important controls to access yet they are buried in the menu structure.

Since EQ and Balance vary by room, I suggest adding a link to the volume popup:

Easy EQ Access Mockup

Ideally clicking on the EQ button would then add the EQ/Balance controls to the same popup, under the EQ button line. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

If you use an iOS device, you should consider this new third-party app to easily create widgets/shortcuts for EQ presets: 

Badge +4

That’s an interesting option, @GuitarSuperstar , but I’m more interested in Balance. 

Userlevel 7

You can create widgets/shortcuts for Balance too.

Badge +4

Sonos Ones are not supported for balance controls in Soro :( 

Userlevel 7

Sonos Ones are not supported for balance controls in Soro :( 

They should be supported if they are paired as a stereo pair. The balance cannot be adjusted on a single Sonos One since there isn’t a left and right audio channel.

Badge +4

Userlevel 7

“and speakers configured in a stereo pair.”

Badge +4

Noted!

However, I still like my suggestion of adding links to the volume popup (see the first post) rather than using shortcuts and a new 3rd party app to make up for this inefficiency,  

Userlevel 7

Noted!

However, I still like my suggestion of adding links to the volume popup (see the first post) rather than using shortcuts and a new 3rd party app to make up for this inefficiency,  

Yes, your suggestion is a good idea that I fully support. I am just informing you of a good alternative that you can use today.