Feature Request - Disable Bluetooth

• 28 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Re-upping this request from an older thread.

Newer Sonos speakers use Bluetooth LE for setup purposes, but do not turn-off Bluetooth after setup is completed.

It would be nice to be able to disable Bluetooth LE after setup like it is currently possible to disable WiFi when it is not needed.

Other Home products like Roku have the ability to disable both WiFi and Bluetooth.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The logic in the speaker should be such that if a WiFi connection is not found, then BLE should be re-enabled to request SSID/PW credentials from the app.  The reset sequence is not really ideal for these...

I’d like to second this request. Assuming implementing this change would be a fairly easy firmware update, I can’t see any functional downside in providing the capability to disable Bluetooth once setup is complete. Thanks!

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Michael SN 

Welcome to the Sonos Community, and thank you for your feedback. I’ve marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration.