Answered

Feature Request: Audio Profiles

• 28 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hey,

I was just wondering if there’s any future release planned containing profiles for audio settings to be shown on the main player screen on the app for easy switching?? EQ/sub/trueplay settings??

I like to turn the sub off at night, flatten out the EQ and engage trueplay to make it more subtle for nighttime listening, but it’s a ball ache going into the settings and changing them all manually, wondering if there is scope for these to be saved in audio profiles to be easily selectable from the player UI.

Regards

Steve. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 28 July 2021, 14:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hey,

I was just wondering if there’s any future release planned containing profiles for audio settings to be shown on the main player screen on the app for easy switching?? EQ/sub/trueplay settings??

I like to turn the sub off at night, flatten out the EQ and engage trueplay to make it more subtle for nighttime listening, but it’s a ball ache going into the settings and changing them all manually, wondering if there is scope for these to be saved in audio profiles to be easily selectable from the player UI.

Regards

Steve. 

Sonos very rarely reveals what’s in the works for future releases, and if they do, it’s only when it’s a 3rd party partnership like Apple Airplay or Alexa control.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

+1 for this feature.

One way to address these things, if you are an iOS user, is via the Soro shortcuts App - it allows the adjustment of all Sonos speaker/room settings. The required settings are added to an iOS shortcut and can be triggered, either by voice instruction, an App icon/widget, or just set to run at a scheduled time.

I’m not affiliated to the App, other than I often use it myself and it addresses the issues requested in this thread and can do much more besides. It needs a little knowledge of how iOS shortcuts work, but it’s basically a drag‘n’drop interface and fairly simple to use.

https://apps.apple.com/es/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

I’ve attached an example screenshot from my own setup of part of a shortcut I have put together to set all Sonos rooms to their default settings and clear room queues. It at least shows the general GUI on the iPad.