Feature request: Alphabetical sort for playlists

• 27 May 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
It would be great to be able to sort tracks in a playlist alphabetically. I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks that have a sequential order. The tracks normally start with a number, e.g., "001" and are in reverse chronological order, newest first. But I need to listen to them in chronological order, in order of creation. Without an alpha sort, I have to individually add each track to the playlist to get them in the right order. Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Actually, if I could just sort the Queue, that would be great! Then I could save it regardless of the source.

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi Rick_28,

Thanks for taking the time to pass along your feedback. I'll get the information passed along to the team, but I wanted to clarify something first. What source (e.g. Spotify, Radio by TuneIn, "On This iPhone", etc.) do you use in Sonos for the podcasts?
Userlevel 1
I use Radio by TuneIn, Google Play, and iTunes for podcasts. Thanks for considering this suggestion.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I recently created a playlist of my Christmas music (my collection --> filter by genre). It has over 1000 songs, so I broke it into 7 playlists (one for each day of the week). I did this by adding all the songs to the queue, choosing shuffle, saving the queue as a playlist, clearing the queue and adding the playlist to the queue and shuffling again; saving that truly shuffled list as a playlist; then selecting 1/7 of the list at a time adding that to the queue and save that smaller queue as a playlist (yes, it was not a fast process).

Now, I would like to sort these lists alphabetically so that I can move duplicate songs in one list to another (so each list has ~150 unique songs).