Question

Favorites lost on PC update from S1 to S2

My phone and laptop have just updated my system to S2, which I'm hoping works ok as I have a Connect on the system.

My phone still has all my "favourites" - tune Radio stations, albums, playlists etc stored. But on the PC app there's nothing there.

anyone know I can get them back on the PC? I don't want to have to add manually!

8 replies

That seems odd, all of that data is stored on the speakers, and not in the controller app. Have you tried a reboot of the PC, to see if a refresh occurs of that data stream?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Are all the Players showing in both apps? Else it sounds like the PC is still running the old S1 app.

Are all the Players showing in both apps? Else it sounds like the PC is still running the old S1 app.

Thanks - actually no they aren’t. The PC *did* have all the players in S1, but now it only shows 4 of them in S2. 

I used the phone to group all players yesterday and it worked fine, so they should all be visible in S2. As they are all visible on the phone app.

The PC app is now the horrid brown colour, so seems to be S2. And says the OS is S2.

I have just tried re-setting the controller on the PC and it’s no better.

That seems odd, all of that data is stored on the speakers, and not in the controller app. Have you tried a reboot of the PC, to see if a refresh occurs of that data stream?

Very strange, as the system on the phone and the PC look completely different (although both on the new brown app, S2).

A re-boot didn’t help. Thanks though!

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Sounds like to managed to generate a split system: your Favorites should be on the S2 system, but were lost from the S1 system. But that doesn’t explain how the phone S2 app shows all of them.

I am out of ideas.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If only you had used an app to backup your Favorites first <grin>

Thanks, yes that's helpful. I have the favourites on my phone, just not on my pc. Is there an app that could have saved the favourites on the pc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks, yes that's helpful. I have the favourites on my phone, just not on my pc. Is there an app that could have saved the favourites on the pc?

Favorites are stored in the players, not on the devices. My app (see my profile) will let you export them to a file using your phone.