Question

Fast add song to playlist

• 23 August 2017
  • 5 replies

The current workflow for adding a Now Playing song to an existing Sonos playlist is cumbersome and too long.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

I listen to SiriusXM a lot, but the process is the same for other services. When I want to save a song to an existing Sonos playlist (or Favorites) from the iOS app I have to click the 3 dots, choose Search for Artist, choose the artist from a music source (e.g. Spotify), locate the song on an indivdual album, choose the 3 dots beside the song, choose More, and finally select Add Song to Sonos Playlist...choose playlist, etc.

There has got to be some better way to accomplish this. Why can't there be an Add to Playlist option from the Now Playing screen?
On my Android controller the Now Playing screen does have an option to add to playlist. Just touch the three dots. Is that really not on the iOS controller?
This is the results for choosing the 3 dots.
Where is the track that was playing in your screenshot stored?

Edit: you seem to be playing a station not a track so I wouldn't expect to see add to playlist. The options depend on what you are listening to.
This is from SiriusXM. That's my beef. If I listen to a specific Spotify album then I have more options. I can eventually add a song from Sirius but it seems unnecessarily complicated.

Thanks for your help.