Factory Reset

• 5 September 2018
  • 2 replies

SONOS software was updating and then went haywire and crashed my network of 7 SONOS units. Asked me to sign in but wouldn't recognise my password. Message said to reinstall all units which I did and then found that all my playlists built up over years had disappeared. On checking the forums this has happened before so why haven't you got some sort of warning message flashing up telling us the risk before reinstalling? You know what the issue is but have ignored it. I also can't believe that you haven't come up with a cloud based backup solution to avoid this situation. It must be fairly simple to do a Dropbox solution. Your customer service and support is second to none but I feel like throwing the lot out of the window and starting again with units which have more reliable and less clunky software. Very very disappointed.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Factory Reset warning: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1096?language=en_US
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are their any units you have not reset? Or did you reset all of them? Bad idea.