extract cover images from mp3

• 20 July 2005
  • 5 replies

does anybody know a program that extracts the cover image(s) out of mp3s? I tagged my whole mp3 collection with all the covers within iTunes. Most of them where drag/dropped directly from the webbrowser (images.google.com); so no separate images have been saved.
now I would like to have the covers also as separate jpg, gif or whatever is emedded in the mp3 files.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
I haven't found any sites that would automatically download the image files for you. I went to http://www.music.msn.com found the album and saved it to my folder as folder.jpg.
Userlevel 2
Go to the song's info (ctrl-I in Windows), then artwork tab. Drag and drop the picture into a folder (or on your desktop).
Userlevel 2
Another way is to run the file(s) through Windows Media Player, and if you have it setup to automatically download, it will download the album art as well as fill in any missing tag info. If Windows media player tells you that the music is not found, highlight the track(3), right click and select find Album info.

T.
I just tried to drag/drom from iTunes to a folder - works; but the image will always be converted to a .bmp. ?
The main problem is that I tagged now about 1600 CDs. Took quite some time 🙂 So I'm looking for a program that does this autmatically; folder by folder. Something I just can start - have a break - and the covers will be there.