Question

Export Sonos Playlist to excel

• 4 November 2017
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Is there any way to export playlists to excel, or at least take a backup??

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Sadly, no. It's an often requested feature for a simple export tool, but so far Sonos haven't spent any time on this.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
There are several 3rd party solutions to this, depending on the platform you are using.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
There are several 3rd party solutions to this, depending on the platform you are using.

Could you name some that can be used by normal users, not programmers?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
This old thread lists a couple, which can be used by normal users. I'm sure there are more. https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/export-playlist-to-excel-6266189
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
This old thread lists a couple
Thanks. I studied the Media Monkey option and indeed, it offers a sort of way out of this playlist problem Sonos is unwilling to resolve. The MM solution still requires some heavy editing though of the exported playlists, so it's not for the faint-hearted. Anyway, it's a first step towards a final solution Sonos should provide.
Userlevel 1
Hi Ryan,
Not sure where one puts requests for improvements to Sonos, so I am putting it here. We recently had a party in our house, and I spent many hours carefully selecting songs into a party playlist, which played throughout the party. It was a really good playlist, and a really good party. Afterwards, a number of people told me they really enjoyed the music and could I give them a copy of playlist. But Sonos (otherwise an excellent product) does not seem to be able to allow me to print out the playlist, or copy the names of the songs, etc for the purpose of having a list in either Word-processing or PDF to enable me to email somebody the list. The only workaround was to take select screen shots of parts of the playlist (which was also clumsy, and also produced a very dark PDF). So if there IS a way to print out playlists in easily readable way, please advise. If not, could you add such a feature to Sonos - it would be a very welcome and useful improvement.
Userlevel 1
Hi Ryan,I don’t know where one puts requests or suggestions for improvements to the Sonos product so I am putting it here. We recently had a party at our house, and in preparation, I spent a long time carefully assembling and ordering a playlist of songs. The playlist and the party both were really good. Afterwards a number of people told me how much they liked the playlist, and asked me if I could send them a copy of the playlist. However, it seems that with Sonos (otherwise an excellent product) one cannot print out a copy of the playlist or copy the text of the playlist. (The only workaround I could figure out was to take screenshots of the playlist as it appeared on my computer screen. This was both clumsy and also produced a poor quality PDF because the background was all black.) Can you advise if there IS a way to copy the text of the playlist, or print a copy of the playlist in readable form? And if not, my request for an improvement to SONOS would be the ability to convert a Sonos playlists into a text document. Thanks.