Answered

Existing System Not Found

• 26 February 2019
  • 8 replies

Just got a Play:1, set it up successfully with my i Phone added another i Phone and i Pad. All working fine. Down loaded the Windows Controller. When I tried to connect to my existing system I get the message "No existing Sonos system could be found" Any help would be welcome.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 February 2019, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

That's a pretty good indication that the windows machine is on a different network than the iPhones and iPads. Make sure that everything is connected to the same network.
Everything connected to the same network. I only have one router, a sky Q box.
Cheers
Then I'd recommend that you contact Sonos directly to discuss it. There may be some virus protection or firewall that's blocking the Sonos controller from reaching out to contact the speakers.
Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Configuring Windows firewall to work with Sonos

Check your network connection type.
i got the same problem, i have checked everything. i even reinstalled my win 10. so iam beginning to think it can be a windows problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
i got the same problem, i have checked everything. i even reinstalled my win 10. so iam beginning to think it can be a windows problem.

Hi RSH,

What antivirus and firewall are you running/ Please try the steps found in Misfit's post to configure your computer to connect to your Sonos system. If you can connect with a mobile device, please submit a diagnostic report from that device and reply here with the confirmation number.

If you are unable to connect with any device, try the steps found here.
i have checked both antivirus and firewall. testet on my laptop with a little older windows build, and it connected right ahead. 🙂 i have also walked trough every step i can find here on this forum. but iam gonna try to degrade my windows build to see if that is the real problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
i have checked both antivirus and firewall. testet on my laptop with a little older windows build, and it connected right ahead. 🙂 i have also walked trough every step i can find here on this forum. but iam gonna try to degrade my windows build to see if that is the real problem.

Have you checked your computer's network type? If it's set to public, you may need to change it to a private connection instead.