error1002 when adding music library from pc

• 28 November 2013
  • 5 replies

when trying to add music folder using "In my music folder" after several minutes get message "Sonus was unable to add the music folder Reason: Unable to add the shared folder "\\Genie-PC\Music" to your Music Library (1002)."

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello,

Error code 1002 normally indicates a firewall blocking communication, or a too weak wireless connection of the PC to the router.

Could you please try again to add the music share, and then submit a diagnostic of your system and answer this email with the 7 digit confirmation number you receive?

Using the Sonos Controller for Mac or PC
1. Select the menu item ‘Help’
2. Click ‘Submit Diagnostics’

Regards,

Bjorn L.
I'm having the same issue suddenly - my controller stopped being able to access the files in my music folder. I deleted it and readded My Music folder to My Library, and got the message Unable to add the shared folder "\\Jutland\Music" to your Music Library (1002)." I've sent you my diagnostics (Your confirmation number is: 5226401.)

I've been through my firewall settings, but no luck. I turned my Firewall off completely, and still no change. The Sonos controller has access through the firewall as far as I can tell.

My system is working fine when controlled through the iPhone or the iPad - just can't access my PC any more.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Unfortunately, we are unable to open your diagnostic. Is your system still experiencing the same problem? If yes, is the computer in question wired to the network or wireless? If wireless, for test please wire it to the network via an Ethernet cable and try again. Let us know how it goes.
Bought two Play Ones as christmas gifts. Keep getting error code 1002 when trying to play music from library or tablet. After two days of following suggestions from forums I have managed to get one devise to play one track yesterday in two days of messing about. I have two wifi networks and have tried both (both of these nets work perfectly with TVs, phones, tablets, laptops and home alarms. But not, it seems with Sonos products. Beginning to wish I'd bought Amazon products.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Bought two Play Ones as christmas gifts. Keep getting error code 1002 when trying to play music from library or tablet. After two days of following suggestions from forums I have managed to get one devise to play one track yesterday in two days of messing about. I have two wifi networks and have tried both (both of these nets work perfectly with TVs, phones, tablets, laptops and home alarms. But not, it seems with Sonos products. Beginning to wish I'd bought Amazon products.

Hi dhedges518,

I'd like to see a diagnostic report from your system. Please send in a report and reply with the confirmation number.