Question

Error when adding Google Play service

• 30 July 2014
  • 9 replies

When adding Google Play to my sonos, I choose "I already have an account" and click next. An error appears that said I have an invalid link code. It never asks me for id / password. Any thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello littlemonster,

There may be a connection issue between Sonos and your network which is producing an invalid link. 

Please try this quick troubleshoot:
Reboot your router. Unplug your router from power for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in to power. Wait for the network to come back up. Then attempt to add the service again. 

Please submit a diagnostic if you are still experiencing the issue and I'll be happy to take a look. Please reply back with your number here. 
I have this exact problem .. anyone on here have an answer?
Thanks
Badge
Rebooted the router and it magically works, added 3 separate google accounts to sonos. I hate that solution but whatever it takes.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
I have this exact problem .. anyone on here have an answer?
Thanks

Hello, if your system is still experiencing the same issue after reboot, please submit a diagnostic and reply with the confirmation number.
Here's an article explaining how: How to Submit Diagnostic.
I have the same problem, I have tried to reboot the router. I have submitted the diagnostic # 7217778
Userlevel 1
Same problem. Diagnostic #7447173
Userlevel 1
To follow up: problem solved by removing Google Play from music services, then adding it back.
I have tried rebooting router and removing Google Play and re-adding. Neither worked. Still get "Invalid link code in request" when I select Google Play Music in Browse on Sonos.
Diagnostic #7963027
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I have tried rebooting router and removing Google Play and re-adding. Neither worked. Still get "Invalid link code in request" when I select Google Play Music in Browse on Sonos.
Diagnostic #7963027
Hello there, musiclistener8. This normally happens when your controllers require an update. Thanks to the diagnostic report you submitted, it seems that this is in fact what needs to happen in order to resolve this. Please check for any updates and after applying the updates, submit another diagnostic after replicating the problem.

Let me know if you find this to be helpful!