Question

Error code 1101

• 1 December 2016
  • 12 replies

Hi Sonos team,

I own a PLAY:3 speaker and have had trouble with updating the software therefore not allowing me to use my device. I have attempted to re-pair it and update it over both wireless and wired connections with the Error Code 1101 popping up each time I try.

If you could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jack

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Jackooicc,

To jumpstart stuff, it might be helpful to post a diagnostic from your Sonos app (if you can). Run the diagnostic, and then post the number here in this thread. This will give the Sonos rep some additional information in order to help you.

Best of luck!
I have tried to submit the support diagnostics through the app but it keeps on saying that; "Your diagnostic information could not be sent at this time."
Just wondering if you guys have any follow up on this issue?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have tried to submit the support diagnostics through the app but it keeps on saying that; "Your diagnostic information could not be sent at this time."

Hi jackooicc,

If your system can't submit diagnostic reports it is unable to communicate past your router. This is also why your system can't download the update. Please try rebooting your router and each Sonos unit to update their network information. Then, see if you can update or send in diagnostic reports.
I have tried rebooting my modem and router multiple times without any luck. Would it be something to do with my router settings?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have tried rebooting my modem and router multiple times without any luck. Would it be something to do with my router settings?

If your Sonos system still can't submit diagnostic reports there's either an issue with the DNS settings or a security setting on your router. What type of router are you using?
I'm using a Telstra modem bridged to a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900.
Are you guys seriously going to ignore me again?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm using a Telstra modem bridged to a Netgear Nighthawk AC1900.

We'll need to take a look at your router's settings to understand why your system can't update or send diagnostic reports. This would be best done over the phone. Please give us a call and reference case number: 161219-003145. Our phone number and hours can be found here.
Hi Sonos team,

I own a PLAY:3 speaker and have had trouble with updating the software therefore not allowing me to use my device. I have attempted to re-pair it and update it over both wireless and wired connections with the Error Code 1101 popping up each time I try.

If you could help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Jack
I continuously have the "failed to Update" problem. One time I rebooted my network and Sonos devices and that seemed to fix it. One time I updated my OS and the continued to have the problem until an app update showed up in the App store. then that fixed. Now I have it again. I can play music from my iphone or ipad but no services work. So I try to perform and online update and it fails. I performed an OS update but there are no App updates available. What the hell. This problem keeps returns, and randomly healing. What is causing this? It seems like everyone has the same issue. there are hundreds of community questions on this one single issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I continuously have the "failed to Update" problem. One time I rebooted my network and Sonos devices and that seemed to fix it. One time I updated my OS and the continued to have the problem until an app update showed up in the App store. then that fixed. Now I have it again. I can play music from my iphone or ipad but no services work. So I try to perform and online update and it fails. I performed an OS update but there are no App updates available. What the hell. This problem keeps returns, and randomly healing. What is causing this? It seems like everyone has the same issue. there are hundreds of community questions on this one single issue

Hi JFosterus,

Please submit a diagnostic report from your system then reply with the confirmation number.