error 30 : bridge

• 18 July 2018
  • 7 replies

i have a problem with the latest update, my bridge doesn't want to update and reply me : error 30 : bridge. i try all the things that you suggest but nothings working. i send you the diagnostics confirmation : 324199901 . thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Restart the Bridge, then try to update again.
I did that and it doesn't work 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you have a spare Bridge power supply or a compatible one you might try that as an option until Support gets back to you.
My other speaker works fine but I'm always have a message on my sonos apps that I had to update. I think that my other speakers did their update, but my bridge doesn't. Thanks for your help.
Can Simeone from sonos help me please . diagnostics confirmation : 324199901
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos should get back to you here on the forums but there is often a bit of a wait.

Phones, when open are always best for support but they are really busy now with the update issues and new Beam speaker. Possibly Twitter would be faster than here if you are in a hurry.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/contact/contact-options%23

Can you unplug the Bridge and temporarily run Ethernet to one of your other speakers as a stop-gap solution?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Can Simeone from sonos help me please . diagnostics confirmation : 324199901

It's hard to say exactly why your BRIDGE isn't updating. Generally, error 30 means that your Sonos unit is having a hard time communicating with the router, and update servers. Is your BRIDGE wired directly into your router or into another network device, such as a switch?

At any rate, with another speaker wired in to your router with an ethernet cable, you should be able to go through the wireless setup in the advanced settings menu of the Sonos app. This will allow your Sonos system to connect to your wireless network and bypass the BRIDGE entirely.