error 1402 what is a key?

• 6 January 2014
  • 5 replies

When trying to run a controller update, I receile error 1402. something regarding not having access to a key of some type on my own computer.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +2
Hi,
This link looks like it could solve your problem...
http://www.okino.com/conv/changing_windows_registry_permissions.htm
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello Eric,

Are you still having trouble updating your controller? That error message is a problem with the registry on the computer. The workarounds provided by Microsoft can be found here. They recommend just starting with repairing the registry for any damage.

You can also try uninstalling the Sonos software and redownloading it from the website.

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend giving us a call here on our Customer Care Line.

Cheers.
Hello Eric,

Are you still having trouble updating your controller? That error message is a problem with the registry on the computer. The workarounds provided by Microsoft can be found here. They recommend just starting with repairing the registry for any damage.

You can also try uninstalling the Sonos software and redownloading it from the website.

If you're still having trouble, I'd recommend giving us a call here on our Customer Care Line.

Cheers.

I have the same problem with the 5.4 upgrade today. I have removed the previous version, but now I can't install the sonos controller on my win 7?
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hello Eric,

Cheers.

This page has all the Sonos software downloads. 

If that doesn't work, you'll want to start with the Microsoft workarounds and suggestions. They'll be in the best place to help with this, but please let us know how it goes.
Hi Ryan,
i have the same problem but the link of the microsoft workaround not works. can you provide a new one?
thank you!

Davide