Question

Error 1002

• 29 January 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge +1
Sonos always crashes after I try to shuffle my songs in Apple Music. When will this be fixed?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Michaelliott. By chance, are you attempting to shuffle your entire music library? I have heard of a few cases where queues longer than 500 items will give an error 1002. Thanks!
Badge +1
I understand and know that I cannot shuffle a large amount of items. It makes more sense to me that the SONOS software, or whatever, could choose those 500 items randomly from my large library and put in my Que for me. I can go into my itunes account and play all my songs randomly with no problems. Why does SONOS have a problem with doing it?
Badge +1
Keith, your response didn't fix it.
I'm confused. Keith didn't offer a solution in his post, or am I misunderstanding? All I see is a statement that in some cases, shuffling a playlist of more that 500 songs can give the error.
Error 1002 is a timeout. Sonos allows 15 seconds to load the queue. Some services are simply too slow to comply.
Badge +1
ratty, that sounds like a easy fix then. All SONOS needs to do is allow more time for the service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
I've let the team know what you're running into, so they can investigate it for the future. In the meantime, you can try improving latency on the network which should reduce any time needed to load the queue.

If you'd like me to take a closer look, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end.