Error 1002

• 28 October 2017
  • 5 replies

I've been a Sonos user for 4 years, yet still the same issues recur. Once again I have the unable to add music folder \\Computer Name\Music with error 1002.. This was working great just a few days, now it doesn't. The Sonos account has full access permissions to the folder on my Windows 10 and there have been no Windows updates installed since Sonos was last working. To say this is infuriating is a gross understatement. Sonos has a great product, when it works but it it not reliable. I've restarted my laptop. my router and the Sonos, no change. Diagnostics 8011710

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Same problem and can't reach support or find a fix in the community.
overdrive11, it might be useful if you were also to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of replicating this issue, and contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

It might be useful to note that the Sonos twitter support is 24/7, while the phone lines aren't, so you may get a quicker response there.
I'd also recommend reviewing the FAQ here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/2401
I have exactly the same problem. I have updated the pc to windows 10, granted sonos in kaspersky and followed all the suggestions (private network etc) but still impossible to add my music folder. The folder is in an external hard drive connected to my pc and the network name is \\Computer Name\Music, but simply doesnt work. Anytime i ask to the support i get a different answer by a different person. The last suggestion i got honestly seems quite dangerous to me as it may potentially mess up the router (disabling the DNS Help etc) and on top i cant see why i should take this risk when actually nothing in my router has changed after updating to windows 10.
Had the same problem on my MacBook and the solution was to change the DNS server address on my router from default (my cable company ISP) to Google 8.8.8.8. This was after following all the advice here about turning off sharing, rebooting, reinstalling, etc. It took over an hour with the Sonos tech to troubleshoot the problem! The cable company was denying the UDP call from my local MacBook Sonos server outbound from my private network. Probably any reputable alternate DNS service would work in my case.