Answered

Eq and volume control issues

• 5 January 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi.
Would it be possible to make it so you can adjust the eq sliders ect by tapping the plus and minus as i find the current method frustrating when dialing in my sound.

Also an increase in the resolution of the controls would be nice too.
icon

Best answer by Alan_6 7 January 2018, 20:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
On desktop, if you click on the volume indicator (the circle that shows the volume level) you can then use the cursor keys to nudge the volume up and down, for all rooms, or (if you then do the same selection on a specific room's volume) you can tweak a single room. iOS allows you to use the volume buttons on the device. Cursors also work in the EQ settings. I'd love to see some improvements to these controls too - a numeric volume level for reference would be awesome (but I know it will never happen because "clean" beats "useful").
Yeah i know but i cant really accept that as the gui has some obvious mistakes like the balance slider shows a blue line from left to right , if the gui was clean it would extend from the center in either direction . Its poorly implemented and not what i would expect to see from a premium brand. Poor show sonos.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Just wait until you dig into the queue/playback controls mess, or the inconsistent layout and terminology across mobile and desktop apps... Sadly, "accepting it" is all you can do. Or sell your Sonos. Or investigate 3rd-party controllers. At least the volume / level controls are "okay and not terrible", given that they follow the same basic design as other companies do.
Yeah. I guess i was dissapointed because the hardware is just sooooo good and the app is just so so.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Yep. The hardware is great. For a while, the software was great too. But recently, Sonos have been too busy (chasing shiny voice control etc.) to finish off the 2016 changes. Or to understand that the desktop and mobile apps are part of the same product ecosystem. Maybe one day...