Answered

Eliminating duplicates from playlist

• 10 July 2018
  • 4 replies

I have some large Sonos playlists and I haven't figured out how to eliminate duplicates. This can be particularly troubling when combining two existing playlists (e.g. adding a 100 song playlist to an existing 500 song list). Typically, I would look for a sort function, sort the playlist by song title, and scroll thru, identify the duplicates, and delete. However, I haven't been able to find a sort function..

Has anyone solved this?
icon

Best answer by Thesil 10 July 2018, 21:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I don’t think you can do that thru the Sonos app. I think that you would have to go where your music is stored , ie iTunes , and edit from there and uncheck the duplicate songs , then when you refresh sonos, the dupes should be gone
Thanks Thesil, but this assumes that the playlist originates from elsewhere, and maybe this is my error. I have unique playlists in Sonos that have been built from a combination of my personal playlists and Apple Music playlists, etc. Effectively, I'd have to rebuild them, assuming I could remember what the sources were in the first place 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +15
No, you can't just rebuild them in other applications because they could be from a variety of sources.
Sonos allows you the ability to create them but not the ability to search them, sort them or even back them up.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Thanks Thesil, but this assumes that the playlist originates from elsewhere, and maybe this is my error. I have unique playlists in Sonos that have been built from a combination of my personal playlists and Apple Music playlists, etc. Effectively, I'd have to rebuild them, assuming I could remember what the sources were in the first place :)

Well, I guess that old axiom of “never assume “ , etc, rings true here. I hope you figure it out