• 3 replies

Hello!

I have the following;

spotify premium

an echo show 8

sonos 3

playbar

sonos 1

I have figured out how to get music to play through my Sonos speakers using voice commands through my echo show.

When I ask the echo what song is playing it just tells me verbally what is playing but doesn’t show the album artwork or song name on the screen. Same thing if I ask for the lyrics to be shown. Just a blank screen.

Any idea how this can be achieved?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

...I’ve seen someone on here suggest I connect the speaker to the Alexa via jack but not sure that’s possible given the ports I can see at the back of both my Sonos 3 and the Echo Show 8

...I’ve seen someone on here suggest I connect the speaker to the Alexa via jack but not sure that’s possible given the ports I can see at the back of both my Sonos 3 and the Echo Show 8

Some of the Sonos product have aux input jacks, but the speakers you have.  

To answer your original question, I don’t think the functionality exists to display album art and/or lyrics on a show while playing on a Sonos speaker, via the Sonos skill.  Perhaps one day, as it would be a nice feature.

I would also really like to see this.  I really enjoy the sound quality but losing the ability to quickly see the artist and song title on the echo show is a bummer.