Easier acces to turn sub on or off in the app and times schemes for sub on/off.

• 13 January 2019
  • 8 replies

I have just bought myself a Sonos Sub and am very impressed over the effect it has on the music in general and of course when watching Movies.

However to evaluate the effect and to show the difference with and without the sub you have to dig deep in the settings to find the switch for enabling and disabling the sub. I would like to have a more direct way of enabling and disabling the sub - if possible directly in the player interface.

Further more it would be great to be able to create time slots, where the sub can be full active, less active or completely off automatically. This way the rest of the House will still be able to sleep, while I watch movies or listen to music.

What do you think of that idea? - please comment if you have better ideas for this feature.

Thank you in advance!

/Henrik

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, thank you for your post. This is a great suggestion and I can definitely see the benefit of it. I will be sure to forward it to the necessary department. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
Hi Edward - Thank you for listening to the users and for the great products.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
It's my pleasure. Keep us posted as to whether you have any further questions. All the best!
Edward - Any update on this? I think the ideal thing would be to have fast access to custom EQ presets, which would allow the user to really quickly select their desired setting. And beyond this, allow those presets to be addressable via IR remote control (same way the volume is). This way we don’t have to fiddle with the Sonos app as we transition from watching a movie to TV (where we don’t want the base and surround sound).
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Tbizza. I'm afraid that we don't receive regular updates on any of the requests we forward. If a feature is being introduced, we ourselves are rarely notified much in advance. I will be sure to add your feedback to that which I have already gathered, though. Let us know if you have any further thoughts or suggestions.
Edward, any change here? Can you escalate to give us an answer? Between this post and others I‘ve found, Sonos clearly has a disgruntled group of customers on this topic. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, Nonoz71. Apologies for the lack of further information, we do not hear of any implementation of such features until they are ready for launch. I'm afraid that beyond forwarding the feedback, there is not much we can do with regards to feature requests. The policy has not changed, in that we still do not receive any updates following our forwarding of such remarks.
Badge

I would like to toss my hat in the ring. I want to get the sonos subwoofer but I am waiting for just the feature mentioned in this thread. I realize one sale or not wont tip the scale but here’s my vote.