Answered

Dropping of on this iphone

• 15 June 2019
  • 3 replies

I have just read that Sonos is dropping the “on this iPhone” feature.
This is deeply concerning to me because it will effectively render my two Sonos Play 1’s useless. I don’t subscribe to a subscription service because I like to own my music and support my local record store. Not being able to play from a phone will be so inconvenient. I don’t want to power up my laptop every time I want to listen to music throughout the house.

Does anyone know how to get around this problem?
icon

Best answer by Smilja 15 June 2019, 21:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There you go.
I’m sorry I don’t know of a solution yet. I own a playbar, sub, 2-play 3, 4-play 1. I am furious that these idiots are going to do this. I was just about to purchase a connect to tie in an old stereo, but everything I own will not allow for streaming from my i-devices. I have over 1800 songs are going to render that all useless. It is obvious again these a-holes do not care about their customers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +18
I’m sorry I don’t know of a solution yet. I own a playbar, sub, 2-play 3, 4-play 1. I am furious that these idiots are going to do this. I was just about to purchase a connect to tie in an old stereo, but everything I own will not allow for streaming from my i-devices. I have over 1800 songs are going to render that all useless. It is obvious again these a-holes do not care about their customers.

Have you read any of the suggestions put forward on the other threads on this topic? There’s a link on Smilja’s post above yours. Will none of those work for you?