Answered

Downgrade v2 Connect Amp to S1?

• 22 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 12 replies

I currently have 4 Sonos connects (2 connects, 2 connect amps), running S1 software as they are older.  Found a used Connect amp that I would buy for another room, but it seems to be running S2 software. Can I downgrade it to S1?

Basically want to control all units using the S1 app sort of thing.  But can’t seem to figure out if that’s doable, I know I can’t do the opposite.

icon

Best answer by James L. 24 March 2021, 13:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You should be able to, since the CONNECT:AMP can run on either OS. Just factory reset the “new” device, and add it to your S1 system as normal. It should download and install the S1 OS and apply it for you.

This is not the case with all Sonos devices. Some require the definitions baked in the S2 to operate.

Badge +1

Thanks, get this when I try and do that…assume that means it can’t be downgraded or controlled with an S1 app?

Badge +17

Hi @pbc,

As Bruce pointed out, you need to have an existing S1 system to add the Connect:Amp to. You cannot create a new S1 system from products that have been on S2 previously.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

What are folks doing that have older than S1?  I’m still using my CR100 controller.  So, I think I am on version 8.4 or 8.6 of the firmware.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @pbc,

As Bruce pointed out, you need to have an existing S1 system to add the Connect:Amp to. You cannot create a new S1 system from products that have been on S2 previously.

He's already got an S1 system, he's trying to add his Connect to that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

He's already got an S1 system, he's trying to add his Connect to that.

Good luck. The claim that you can downgrade an S2-upgraded device by resetting it and adding it to an existing S1 system is iffy at best. I failed to manage this when I tried, and I like to think I know what I am doing when it comes to Sonos stuff.