Answered

Don't want to control playbar and TV sound with phone

• 5 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a playbar paired with 2 sonos ones. Thing have been working well. The playbar kicking in when I turn on the TV. everything is paired correctly I think. I can control the TV/playbar sound with my remote, which is what I want. I could also turn on spotify and control the music and the volume with the spotify app. Also, when I opened the Sonos app I could choose to turn the TV/playbar volume by selecting it in the app, but I would have to select it in the app.

However, the problem is that now, recently for some reason whenever I try to adjust my phone volume, or manipulate the volume on my phone it changes the TV/playbar sound. I want to be able to change the volume on my phone, not on my TV.

I don't need or want to control the volume on the TV with my phone. For some reason, it is linked. For instance, when I have the TV on the the background and I open up a video or an app on my phone I can't raise or mute the phone or app volume, I can only manipulate the TV / playbar volume.

How do I stop manipulating the TV volume with my phone. I only want to do it with the TV remote?

I don't mind being able to open the sonos or spotify app and manipulating the volume within the app (that's how it used to happen), but not whenever I change the volume on my phone it messes with the TV. It's driving me crazy, how do I make it stop.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by John B 5 September 2018, 10:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I think that took care of it. Thank you. I just could not figure it out.

I appreciate it.
In Advanced Settings, do you have 'Allow volume control from home screen' ticked? If so try unticking it.