Answered

Don't want to control playbar and TV sound with phone

• 5 September 2018
  • 2 replies

I have a playbar paired with 2 sonos ones. Thing have been working well. The playbar kicking in when I turn on the TV. everything is paired correctly I think. I can control the TV/playbar sound with my remote, which is what I want. I could also turn on spotify and control the music and the volume with the spotify app. Also, when I opened the Sonos app I could choose to turn the TV/playbar volume by selecting it in the app, but I would have to select it in the app.

However, the problem is that now, recently for some reason whenever I try to adjust my phone volume, or manipulate the volume on my phone it changes the TV/playbar sound. I want to be able to change the volume on my phone, not on my TV.

I don't need or want to control the volume on the TV with my phone. For some reason, it is linked. For instance, when I have the TV on the the background and I open up a video or an app on my phone I can't raise or mute the phone or app volume, I can only manipulate the TV / playbar volume.

How do I stop manipulating the TV volume with my phone. I only want to do it with the TV remote?

I don't mind being able to open the sonos or spotify app and manipulating the volume within the app (that's how it used to happen), but not whenever I change the volume on my phone it messes with the TV. It's driving me crazy, how do I make it stop.

Thanks
icon

Best answer by John B 5 September 2018, 10:09

In Advanced Settings, do you have 'Allow volume control from home screen' ticked? If so try unticking it.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

In Advanced Settings, do you have 'Allow volume control from home screen' ticked? If so try unticking it.
I think that took care of it. Thank you. I just could not figure it out.

I appreciate it.