Does sonos one support airplay?

• 25 May 2018
  • 6 replies

Hi all,

I have purchased a sonos play:1and I'm missing the airplay feature. I have been searching and I found that sonos one will support airplay 2, but I couldn't find any information about airplay, does it currently support airplay or only will support airplay 2? I only have a sonos bridge and a sonos play:1 so I can't use airport express or apple TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
The One will support AirPlay 2 when it's released by Apple and Sonos does what they need to on their end. There is currently no support for AirPlay "1".
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would assume once it is released the Sonos One will work with airplay 1 and 2.
Hi all,

Thanks for confirming that currently there is no support for airplay "1" in Sonos One.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There is no onboard support currently for any Airplay. (you can currently use server software like the mac program AirSonos to allow all sonos speaker to be seen as Airplay1).

Come later this summer yes the Sonos One will have all airplay ability.
There is no onboard support currently for any Airplay. (you can currently use server software like the mac program AirSonos to allow all sonos speaker to be seen as Airplay1).

Come later this summer yes the Sonos One will have all airplay ability.

I have installed airconnect on my synology (https://github.com/bandesz/AirConnect-Synology) and it works pretty well. This allows me to stream from my iphone/ipad to my Play:1 without the needs of have my iMac turned on.

So far you have saved me some € 😃, as I'd have spent some money for features that currently I don't need.

Cheers!!
--
Arnau