Does anyone else miss the little gearwheel icon to access Room Settings?

• 1 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

about three years ago, there was this big update, that gave the Sonos App it’s current black/white design. And with this update, a little but really reasonable new feature which had been integrated just a couple of month before, unfortunately disappeared again. Since then i filled in many opinion surveys and emphasized this, but I don’t think anyone’s listening.

That new little feature was a little gearwheel icon in that main window where you could see all your rooms, that opened up a PopUp window with a direct shortcut to the “Room Settings” of that certain room.
I like the logical structure of the Sonos App but find it somehow unnecessary to need up to 5 clicks to reach the room settings everytime - and I really do feel the need to adjust the Sub or Surround levels almost everytime I change the content on TV.

The fact that you took away something that we already had frustrates me most. Does anyone remember this?

It doesn’t have to be that gearwheel icon again. I for instance don’t need to change anything on all the other speakers that often like i do on the 5.1. So just like the speech enhancement or night mode feature, that only appear on the current-content window of the soundbar-room when you are in TV mode, there’d be plenty of space to integrate a possibility to access room settings directly or since the whole area only shows a TV icon even adjust sub and surround levels just there.

Proposal: Why not use the force-touch technique of Apple devices, or just long-hold-click for that matter.

Or you could also integrate this behind those three little dots, that open up a popup window in which you can trigger sleeptimer and crossfade function.

And while we are at it. In that little pop up window, you have the static area at the bottom (sleeptimer and crossfade) and also a dynamic scrollable area at the top (album info, saving radio stations, playlists etc). And depending on what device you are using (for example a 6” smartphone) it’s visiually just not obvious, that the dynamic area is actually scrollable. I wonder how many people don’t even know that there are actually more “hidden” entries, that were not meant to be hidden at all.

Just fyi, I am using the german App and hope everybody actually knows, what I am talking about :D

Thank you for your attention

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @mk89km, and welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for your feedback regarding accessing the Room Settings - we're always happy to get ideas on improving the Sonos app experience, and I'll be happy to put this forward as a feature request on your behalf.

If you have any other ideas on improving the Sonos experience, feel free to share them :)