Question

Display year on apps

• 17 September 2015
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi - Does anyone know if there is a way to make Sonos order the albums in date order, or even better display the year of the album? I have some bands and when i look at the band on the app on desktop or on the ipad or phone app it does not display the year, so it's hard to find the latest album. Also the albums don't seem to be in any particular order despite the tracks having this info (year) attached to them in my music library

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There is not. What I do is each year a make a new folder for that year and then put albums purchased in that folder until the next year. I have probably the last 10 years resorted that way.

Then I use folder view.

I poor work around for something that Sonos should be able to do ... but no sign of it happening any time soon.
Hi nageVehT,

another work around is, to add the year to the album name with a tag editor (I use MP3TAG). Place the year in fiont of the album name and the albums will be sorted by year in your music library. Have a look at the attached image, but for me I choosed to write the year after the album's name!

Kind regards from good old Germany,

Gernot
Badge +1
Or as I do and create playlists in iTunes year by year.
Userlevel 1
This seems like a huge amount of effort, I have hundreds of albums, this will take ages to add the year to each one. It seems stupid when the info is already contained within the files. Come on Sonos sort it out!!
This seems like a huge amount of effort, I have hundreds of albums, this will take ages to add the year to each one. It seems stupid when the info is already contained within the files. Come on Sonos sort it out!!

MP3Tag can do it automatically, in batch mode.
MP3Tag can do it automatically, in batch mode.

True MP3Tag can change the album title to have a year in it.

We shouldn't need to set an incorrect album title just to be able to see what albums were from a certain year though - why can't SONOS update the app to show year?!
Yes, using the year tag seems like a basic feature which should be available.
I signed up for an account here just to say that I want this too!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings