Display song lyrics in sonos app

• 9 October 2012
  • 32 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
There is more than enough room on iPad app to display song lyrics - why can't I see all the ID3 tags in Sonos?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

32 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi Raj, I am going to move this topic to the Ideas section as a suggestion for a future update. We typically do not comment on future updates. From the Ideas section, other Sonos customers can view your idea and vote on it. We forward these ideas to our Product Development team for consideration in upcoming releases.
Userlevel 2
Badge
I have never understood for what the info screen for a mp3 file or a radio station is good for as nearly nothing is shown there. Please add mp3 ID3 tag data there. As the sonos software already should have this information (because it is used for the indexing) this should not be such a big issue?
1000s of people want this look at pandora they did it for iPhone and itouch!!
Hi, I am a confident Sonos user for quite some time now. Being able to display the lyrics on Mac/PC/iOS Apps would be perfect though - are there any plans?
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
I agree, the available screen space should be put to some use and lyrics (and other id3 tags) are one of the best options.
Come on, many, many months later and this feature is no where?  Not available on the interface Pandora is exposing, then just say so.
I resently changed from logitech squeezebox to sonos. i am realy missing this feature which is so easy to install on squeezebox: http://penguinlovesmusic.de/ipeng-the-iphone-skin-for-squeezecenter/how-to-use-the-ipeng-application/known-issues/lyrics-in-ipeng/?lang=de
and you see the lyrics from: http://www.songlyrics.com/
Userlevel 1
Please please add this. It's 2014 already! I and 20 million others have big old tablets and we want to read lyrics when we're listening to music. Sure we can do it online, but it would be easier via Sonos, and it can't be hard. For that matter, any enhancements to jacket art and wikipedia-level info should be brought in to the Sonos interface. With tablets, you could recreate the pleasure of leafing through a CD booklet or looking at a record cover - which is the missing piece of digital music enjoyment right now.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hellooo Sonos guys - It's time to say something on this topic, please !! It has been a year since you last responded (that you would make it an "idea") but we are still waiting.... Please state when we can expect this feature or be honest with us and tell us to forget it and use Pandora or musiXmatch -Thomas
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
This is one of the occasions, for which I still turn back to iTunes on the desktop as Sonos still does not support lyrics display. All songs in a local library are supposed to be tagged correctly, which already includes lyrics!
Userlevel 1
This is a great idea! Would love to see this implemented. I am perfectly willing to wait as long as it takes to implement something like this. Sonos is ahead of the game in many ways, so they get a pass for missing lyrics for the time being, however long this might take.
Please Sonos create a lyrics plugin!!
This is the reason why I (and probably many others) still haven't bought the Sonos sound system!
Nowadays people want to see the lyrics of there songs..
This is a must for every music lover.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Sonos just did a massive re-design of their entire interface and left out lyrics again with no good reason. Overall I dislike the new interface other than easier access to "favorites." Leaves me wondering if they should hire some ex-Apple UI guru to shake things up as more and more people are simply opting to use bluetooth speakers tethered to their smartphones.
Can't understand why sonos is not entering the discussion with an answer on thus. Disrespect of their user base.
neeeeeeeed this please!
Userlevel 2
As a new owner of Sonos products there are a few things which disappoint me. Lack if Airplay support, lack of lyrics, and a dated and "platform independent" interface.

I'd literally be willing to spend thousands more to fill my home with Sonos devices if even 2 of these issues were addressed. There are more, but these stand out.

I hope Sonos don't end up stagnating because I've already put a lot of money into their hardware.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Welcome to the club of Sonos hardware lovers. Unfortunately Sonos has demonstrated that they don't listen much to their customers. You probably will not see the software be set free for great developers to make a super interface but likely more of the dreary same same.
Having said that, we all hope we are wrong and maybe one day we will be.... keep them crossed!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Wow - it's been over 3 years since I posted this idea. You would think that would be more than enough time to come up with a response. I could go through a larger critique of what's wrong with the new interface that I'm sure Sonos spent a lot of time on.  Why not just expose the ID3 tags??? 
I really love my Sonos hardware but that software is horrible. I am forced to use Google Music and "send" it to Sonos so I don't have to use that app. I use Musixmatch to get lyrics when listening through the Google Music app. Too bad Sonos can't figure out that kind of integration. Please get with it and add it.
Please Sonos realize lyrics!
+1
The ability to read lyrics form the file tag would be fantastic, and lift the app to a new level.
Of course Sonos could implement this! They just don't want to. Maybe they just want to keep on making money on good hardware and keep ignoring the software? We'll see if they can get away with this in the long term. As for now, we'll have to do without the lyrics. 😳
Dear Sonos,
Any improvement on this request to add Lyrics in Sonos controller? Or add musixmarch app capability into Sonos controller?

It would be very much appreciated

Please reply to this

Thank you

Regards

Luca
+1+1 ... this is obviously something to have in a mass market product !!
I'm confident SONOS will do it . I'm sure there is something tricky to implement a lyrics reader in a stable and easy way.
+1
I believe as well that a challenge is that if Sonos implements lyrics listing in the app, then there will be complaints to Sonos such as "the lyrics does not match my song perfectly".
I believe one realistic way to implement it would be if the artist, album and song had an additional function with "more info", which would simply open a web search for the artist, album or song. A song could then have the option for either searching for info or lyric.
That method would have very limited impact on the Sonos software as it is simply a call to open a browser with a given search string.
To my understanding Bluesound has some of that functionality, at least for artist info.