Answered

Disabling WiFi

• 17 October 2018
  • 2 replies

I have now noticed that there is the option to disable WiFi under room settings for each device. Was this recently added through an update? Does anyone know if this permanently disables the WiFi or does it need to be disabled every time there is a new update? I have 2 connects, one connect:amp, and 1 play:1
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 17 October 2018, 14:56

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi tonypap

Yes, it was made visible to end-users in v9.2 of the Sonos app . The feature was previously reserved for professional installers. Click the link to learn the pro's and con's of using the feature: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/000003113?language=en_US

Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes this feature was added at the last update. I would be certain that it is a persistent change so won't toggle back during update and the link AjTrek1 posted above states that if you unplug from the network it will become invisible and you can only change that state by putting the Ethernet cable in and changing the setting on your controller. Or you can re-add the player and the setting will go back to default Wi-Fi on.