Disabling Speaker touch controls independently from surrounds

• 2 April 2019
  • 4 replies

It would be great if we were able to disable the touch controls of the playbase but keep the touch controls active on the connected surrounds.

This would prevent children from jacking up the volume on the playbase yet still allowing adults to control it on the elevated surrounds.

Currently disabling the touch controls works across all of the sonos in my living room

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi there, Ben B. Thank you for your post. This is a great suggestion and I can definitely see the benefit of it. I will be sure to forward it to the necessary department. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.

This would prevent children from jacking up the volume on the playbase yet still allowing adults to control it on the elevated surrounds.

I always went with the "don't touch Dad's stuff or they'll be repercussions" method.
100% with you on this Ben B!

I signed up to the forums tonight just to post the same question!

Please build in this functionality, i imagine it would be useful in other situations too!

Thanks

I second this suggestion. I would like to turn off the touch controls on my sub, but leave them enabled on my playbar.