>> direct (surround) receiver control.

• 20 January 2013
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
I would like to share an idea for a new Sonos function. >> direct (surround) receiver control. << In my living room I have a (surround) receiver where a my Sonos CONNECT is a music source for my receiver. To get Sonos music in my livingroom, I need to turn on the receiver and select the correct line input. And for controlling the volume I need to walk to the receiver and turn the Volume knob. My feature request is: Implement by TCP/IP - LAN control of my receiver. My receiver (Onkyo) and many others (brands) are controllable by LAN. So when I select the living room on my Sonos controller, the receiver automatic will turn on and select the right input source. And that volume control will directly control my Amp/receiver instead of the Connect. Setting this up should not be very difficult, in the advanced setting of the Sonos Connect zone, ad this selection. Could look like: Select brand, select type of receiver, select input source. Optional set max volume ( I have power full amp & speakers and some times I accidentally select the wrong room, and In the bathroom I don't hear the living room..) Support for the global brands would be great, like Marantz, Sony, Yamaha, NAD, Denon, Onkyo and others. For me it would be a reason to buy a new receiver. And I don't have to explain it to my dear wife what she needs to do to get music in the living room. Looking forward to hear from Sonos

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.