Question

Digital Radio quality

• 4 February 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Have only had my system, Play 1 & 3, for 12 hours so far and love it. Only thing I've found which is an issue is when streaming radio the sound quality isn't as rich as when listening on my DAB radio. I assume this is because DAB transmissions are of a higher quality then online radio? I wondered if anyone knew of a streaming source for radio that is Sonos compatible that is of high sound quality. The radio station I mainly want this for is BBC 6Music.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge
@John B thanks all set up as you suggested, working fine. Thanks.
Badge
Thanks Chris, I'm UK based.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If your not in the U.K. Your not going to get the highest BBC quality
Hi and welcome to the Sonos Community. TuneIn should be directing Sonos to the best quality streams although I don't think this is guaranteed. I don't think it's that likely to improve the quality, but if you have a desktop controller you can add a high quality Radio 6 stream manually. Go into Manage, Add Radio Station, add the streaming URL, name it, and then it will appear under "My Radio Stations". A high quality Radio 6 stream is:

http://a.files.bbci.co.uk/media/live/manifesto/audio/simulcast/hls/uk/sbr_high/ak/bbc_6music.m3u8

Let us know how it goes.