Question

Difficulty with app?

Badge +1

Why oh why is this so darn hard to use. It’s saying my password isn’t good. Well, I was able to get on here.

I’m just about done with this system. While I love the sound the inconsistency in it working is beyond frustrating.

I know it’s tech. It’s just supposed to work when you want it to work.

So, now I’ve requested a password and nothing has come through. How long does one wait?

13 replies

Badge +1

It’s been a full day and no response to reset any password. Isn’t this process automated?

Could it possibly be that it’s a similar, but slightly different, email address in use on sonos… similar to this issue:

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/cannot-sign-in-because-my-email-login-isn-t-what-s-showing-6788040

It would explain why you didn’t receive the password reset.

Perhaps check what sonos devices you presently have registered in your account here:

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/

Badge +1

It shows that I don’t have any products registered. Yeesh, so they dumped what I had registered when they created the new app?

So do I re-register? Do I create a new user/password?

Very, very frustrating.

It shows that I don’t have any products registered. Yeesh, so they dumped what I had registered when they created the new app?

So do I re-register? Do I create a new user/password?

Very, very frustrating.

They haven’t dumped them, you’re quite simply in the wrong account by the sounds of it, otherwise they would show. Go back and check your App and try to think what you or someone else in your household may have done. The devices will show when you log into the correct account.

Badge +1

It will not accept my password at all. I have 2 emails. I’ve checked both of them. I’ve requested a password change. That was yesterday. No response from anyone…...total silence.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

If you can login to the Sonos website with the account you originally used to setup your system you will see every speaker/device you have. If you do not my best guess is you are using the wrong account. Have you tried tech support? You’ll have a long wait but I’m sure they can help. 

gingerd,

You should be able to login to this site and goto... https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/

where you should (hopefully) see all your devices. If they are not there, then you are logged into the incorrect account. Try both email addresses, or any others you may have used, until you see the devices at the above link and then use those same credentials in the Sonos App when prompted for the password.

Userlevel 1

Just a thought: did you check your spam folder (or deleted items) for an e-mail containing the password reset link?

Badge +1

Sorry, no I haven’t been back. This is just always a struggle to use this hardware. There is nothing in my spam folder and I never received an email to reset my password. 

It gets better than that it tells me I have no registered products. What happened to the units I have here at home. I have 2 of them and they were registered.

Just frustrating.

Badge +1

gingerd,

You should be able to login to this site and goto... https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/system/households/devices/

where you should (hopefully) see all your devices. If they are not there, then you are logged into the incorrect account. Try both email addresses, or any others you may have used, until you see the devices at the above link and then use those same credentials in the Sonos App when prompted for the password.

Nope...won’t work. No email to reset my password either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

It sounds like your system is registered under a different email address than the ones you’ve been trying, as others have mentioned. This would definitely explain the symptoms you’re seeing.

To circumvent not knowing the correct account, you could factory reset your speakers and then add them to the Sonos account you’re currently using to access the forum. However, this will remove your settings and music services, etc., from the speakers. You’d need to recreate these settings.

Alternatively, if you can supply a speaker serial number, Sonos may be able to tell you what email address they are registered under. You’ll need to call support to check on this, as it’s a security risk.

Badge +1

I have 2 email accounts. It will not accept either one, although I can log in here. 

I do need to call them. Last time I did, which was awhile ago I was on the phone with them for a couple of hours. Yes, I said hours. 

I just seriously need to decide if this is the best system for me.

What I’m unable to do is to log into the “new” Sonos app. Because it’s new do I need to set up a new account. No one has been able to answer that.

Thanks for trying to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I have 2 email accounts. It will not accept either one, although I can log in here. 

The most likely explanation is that your system is registered under an email address that is neither of the ones you’ve tried; perhaps an old email address you no longer use, or perhaps the system was set up by someone else who used their address.

You do not need to set up a new account to use S2. I’m running two S1 systems and one S2 system, all under the same account.