Answered

Different ‘full’ and Atmos surround levels for music

• 24 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Is there any way to have different levels of surround volume when streaming Atmos and normal stereo tracks? 

At present I listen to music with my rear speakers set to ‘full’ and the surround volume set at +5, however, when I’m playing atmos mixes the music becomes unbalanced as I’ve gone from essentially 2 stereo speakers turned up a bit to the surround channels overpowering a different mix. 

if there isn’t a workaround then what’s the possibility of a separate option to be added so that atmos music surrounds can default to a different volume than stereo ‘full’ surrounds? I know it’s a minor thing but it’s quite annoying to have a mixed list and have to alter levels for individual tracks manually, especially as there’s no good way to not play atmos versions when there are any. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 24 January 2022, 19:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to set different surround levels based on whether you are listening to stereo or Dolby Atmos music. And since listening to Dolby Atmos music through the Sonos app is a pretty new feature, many users probably have not run into this issue yet. But this would be a nice feature to have.

If you use an iOS device, you could use the Soro app to create Surround Level presets and make them into shortcuts using Apple’s Shortcuts app. I use Soro to create shortcuts for preset EQ settings for my Sonos Arc because I prefer different EQ settings for TV, movies, and music. Using a shortcut is much quicker than manually adjusting the EQ in the Sonos app.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/soro-for-sonos/id1550457805

Userlevel 7

There is no current functionality to automatically adjust surround levels based on which audio format is playing.

The easiest way to not play Atmos would be to group another room at the same time. This downgrades the stream, so the non-Atmos version would play.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Turn atmos on the music player off.. only option for now.