Different access for household members

• 13 March 2021
  • 3 replies

So, I can’t find any info, if I’m just ignorant, please excuse the next tirade!

We have, for some time, had issues with Spotify playback being stopped randomly, at home and out and about.
I think the culprit is the Sonos system at home.

We have Spotify Family w all accounts added to the Sonos system, but! I can’t find a way tp prevent any user (or, since all use the same account, there is essentially only one user on one Sonos system) to choose the “wrong” spotify profile.

I must say I find it pretty lame that there is no “Family” mode in Sonos, like Spotify has.
I want each family member to have a different login, and me, as admin, assign who can play where.

Yes, I know that we can have different wlans but it seems quite a silly workaround.

Cheers/B

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can set connect different Spotify acccounts to the Sonos app - I guess you did that already. When playback is started from the device or Google Assistant however it starts from the last used Spotify account or the account linked to GA. Which makes the music stop when you are using that account elsewhere.

The only work around for this would be to add a Spotify account just for Sonos and only use that. This has other disadvantages though, as you would have to share all playlists for all accounts with it, or you are outof accounts on Spotify.

You can set connect different Spotify acccounts to the Sonos app - I guess you did that already. When playback is started from the device or Google Assistant however it starts from the last used Spotify account or the account linked to GA. Which makes the music stop when you are using that account elsewhere.

The only work around for this would be to add a Spotify account just for Sonos and only use that. This has other disadvantages though, as you would have to share all playlists for all accounts with it, or you are outof accounts on Spotify.

Yes, thanks, that’s where we are right now.

There is a drop-down, in the app, where you mcan choose Spotify account, but, naturally, people forget. So, one is in the car, swearing and repeatedly pushing play, another at home doing the same :)

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When you use this drop down and set it to the right Spotify account on every phone, it will allways use that Spotify account. As I described above the problem will arise when people do not use the app on their phone to play music on a speaker.