Development question; VB.NET to play .MP3 or else a Radio Station

• 8 December 2018
  • 6 replies

Sonos to play an MP3 or Radio Station from VB.NET

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Can someone direct me to an API and a VB.NET example on how to play an .MP3 or to start the playing of a Sonos Radio Station?

(BTW, this is VB.NET Client/Desktop application)
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
This article looks to cover the basic using VB: https://www.codeproject.com/articles/458807/%2fArticles%2f458807%2fUPnP-code-for-Windows-8
Thanks, but need a Windows 7 solution, not on Windows 8/10 yet...
Even some API for purchase. Something that allows me to play an audio file (.wav, .mp3, etc.) over Sonos. Ideally, if something is already playing I would allow me to pause it, or stop it... then play the audio file, then un-phase or restore playing of the original (like a Radio Station - whatever is playing).

Can’t image that someone hasn’t successfully done this already...
I'd give that Win8 code a try. Probably not much difference between that and Win7, if any at all. It can always be tweaked if it doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Its the Resume afterwards that is the hard part. Sonos have added some clip support to the cloud API, not sure if it is available at the UPnP level.