Answered

Desktop Version Sonos Clear Queue , Save Queue: How about retrieve Queue.

Not sure where Sonos got off the track but they should have either named queues playlists or visa versa but either way when I save a queue, does it automatically go into a playlist? That probably doesn’t matter much since I can’t recall a playlist either.

But the real point to get across is what’s the point of saving a queue if you can’t retrieve it? I’ve saved several queues that I worked hard on to create, then I save them off, when we have a new home DJ party scheduled. Then create a new Queue for that party with the  right theme. So how do I get back one of the previous queues? 

icon

Best answer by John B 31 May 2020, 22:20

Look in My Sonos, under Playlists.

Queues are temporary and unnamed. Playlists are permanent and named.

If you save a queue, Sonos asks you to name the new playlist. 

View original

5 replies

Look in My Sonos, under Playlists.

Queues are temporary and unnamed. Playlists are permanent and named.

If you save a queue, Sonos asks you to name the new playlist. 

Correction. You said desktop version. If I recall correctly there is no My Sonos. There is a Playlists music source. 

Thanks, John B,

Yes finally noticed that when you click on the Save Queue it takes you to a screen which lists some previously saved queues. But like you said now those queues are actually called playlist. Then went to Sonos Playlist and found the Lists.

Glad it's sorted for you. I personally think the Sonos terminology is fine. You queue up the tracks to play through a particular speaker. Saving a queue is just one, convenient method for creating a playlist available for use on any speaker in the system.

Yes it really makes sense when you explain it like that. Perhaps  Sonos might highlight that kind of explanation a little better in the setup/getting started section after you install it on your PC.