Desired Feature - Master volume control for TV Groups from TV remotes and Sonos Speakers

• 24 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
We really enjoying playing our TV through the Sonos sound bar/base and grouping in other Rooms so that we can hear what's happening on the TV while wondering the house - especially the kitchen. We'd like a way to "lock" a Group's volume levels together to behave like a master level, keeping them relative to one another and being able to bring them all up/down when using the TV remote or adjusting the volume on any of the Grouped Sonos speakers. Currently, when I use the TV remote to bring the Playbase volume down the Play5 speaker in the kitchen keeps blaring away making it impossible to talk between rooms. Conversely, while in the kitchen, I'd like the volume button on the TV Grouped Play5 to behave like a master volume slider again so I can lower the entire zone to make it possible to talk to family in the other room. The only way today I know to do this now is to open the app on my phone which is really inconvenient especially as I roam the house. So not sure if there is already a way to do this or if this a feature request, but we'd really like to create TV centric group with volume levels locked relative to one another. Is this currently possible?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +20
Whilst you wait for a more suitable answer and this cost money, I did notice the iPort xPress had the option to control individual speakers or groups. I don’t own one so cannot recommend or test.

https://iportproducts.com/xpress/#xpress-pre-order
I really would would love this Feature two because i want to add two devices as additional L and R Chanel to my sonos beam 5.1 setup. The only way i found is to create a stereo pair and group it with the beam but then the beam volumen (which i control via tv remote) wont affect the volume of the Stereo pair
You’re aware that there is no way to add a front left and front right (in sync with a Sonos Soundbar) to a Sonos system at this time? Nor a way to drive a single speaker as a center channel?

Not objecting to the request, though. Haven’t run into the need, but can see the usefulness in some cases.
I really would would love this Feature two because i want to add two devices as additional L and R Chanel to my sonos beam 5.1 setup. The only way i found is to create a stereo pair and group it with the beam but then the beam volumen (which i control via tv remote) wont affect the volume of the Stereo pair

Setup like that, there will be a noticeable delay between the output of the Beam and the other two speakers. There is simply no way to have separate L/C/R speakers in a Sonos TV setup.