Design & Integration suggestion

• 22 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Have a recommendation, that I believe could be rectified with a software patch to do so. As an installer, this idea will also only help sell more Sonos product too. 

I would love the ability to design in some settings, where I could have 2 modern Sonos Amps AND a Beam or Arc or Playbar, all work together in 5 speaker surround. Currently, this cannot be done by the existing UI.

With the current UI software, all 3 varieties of those Soudbars, are designed to act as the center, left and right, and then ONE Sonos amp, could drive 2 speakers, that act as the rears.

I have had some design settings, where I would LOVE if software could accommodate, one of those Soundbars being JUST the center, & then TWO Sonos amps, driving 2 pairs of speakers. One Amp doing the left & right front, & the other amp doing the rear pair. 

My thought would be this would just need to occur at the software level to allow the capability, correct?

No complaints on anything all around, LOVE Sonos!

Thanks!

AVID installer of dozens to 100s of Sonos products for clients per year,

Nick

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge +17

Hi @nickgilman, thanks for your suggestion!

I’ll be happy to pass this over to our development teams for consideration. If you have any other suggestions to improve the Sonos experience, please let us know :slight_smile:

I use the Sonos Controller on MacBook Pro (Intel) and I like to add artists and song to the queue to play them then save them. 

1. It would be nice to save more playlists from the queue or save it locally (on my machine) but I keep getting there is not enough room. Then I remove an old playlist, but it still cannot save the playlist.
  2. Would be nice to add songs in a batch select to a playlist.
  3. Drag and Drop song to a playlist -- with multiple selections also.