Default Starting Volume & Slowly Increasing Volume at Start

• 4 May 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
I have seen the posts stating that the only workaround is setting an alarm with a silent .mp3 playing at a volume of preference.

Is there any other option, and is Sonos considering a setting to assign a default volume when starting up, and/or increasing volume setting when starting?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, li_ny_1. Welcome to the community. No plans to introduce at this time, though we would be happy to forward this feedback for you. Do let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
I have seen the posts stating that the only workaround is setting an alarm with a silent .mp3 playing at a volume of preference.

Is there any other option, and is Sonos considering a setting to assign a default volume when starting up, and/or increasing volume setting when starting?

Thanks!

If you have a Sonos One speaker you can actually do this via the Alexa App.

Setup an alarm via voice on the Sonos One speaker. Then goto the Alexa App and open up 'Reminders and Alarms’.
Select the Sonos One Device (Not the Room) from the drop down list in the Alarms tab.
The Alarm you set will be visible. Just above it is some text that says 'Manage Alarm Volume and Default Sound' .. select the text.
In the next screen that appears (see attached screenshot) there are several options including the option for setting an Ascending Alarm via your Sonos Room Speaker.

Obviously you need an Alexa enabled Sonos One speaker in order to be able to do this.
Is there a way to do this in the reverse. Ie. put my son down to sleep at a certain volume and it dissipates overtime and stops completely?
Not currently, no....although if you were playing the same piece of music, you could alter the music file itself to do that. But in the Sonos software, there's no such function.
+1 on this feature for the SONOS beam. When it switches to TV it should allow a default setting or expose the volume settings via Harmony Logitech Hub remote. That would be the simplest fix.
This might be the dumbest "feature" ever created. I have an echo dot that I would like to plug into my Sonos 5. I can't hear Alexa until about 10 seconds into her talking. That doesn't exactly work. I'm not sure who thought this was a desired feature.
I'm really in need for this too.
Actually I have 3 rooms that are pretty much always grouped together but that need to be split from time to time. I would love to have the possibility to set up a default volume for the different rooms when they are grouped, because my room x needs a louder volume than my room y.
But every time I have to readjust manually everything and it is a pain.